Subject: Re: NIMH 2200 ma batteries
From: roland (for_spam_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-07-09

hi !
> One more lesser question: Is it alright to charge the batteries outside of
> the ajb?
if your external charger is a "advanced" one (i.e. it charges your cells independently in 4 slots)
it is even BETTER to use that for charging, because it will charge you cells more "thoroughly".
your cells will live longer with that, too (that`s for sure!).
charging 4 cells in "serial" never is the optimal way.
even though it is not the "cheapest one" i would recommend a good charger like this one:
http://www.thomas-distributing.com/mhc401fs.htm

>They are a tight fit under those rubber
> bumpers and I'm afraid I'm going to damage something by repeatedly inserting and removing them.
thats another point of view :) you should do this carfully. but - if something really gets damaged, it should be easily fixable by
someone with some technical skills.

regards
roland