Subject: Re: "HD register error" after deep discharge with low batteries

Re: "HD register error" after deep discharge with low batteries

From: ajf <ajf_at_midmaine.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 08:01:21 -0400

I had the same problem with a new JBR 20 (ROM 1.28), but the battery charge
indicator was in the mid 20 percent range, so I didn't even suspect low
charge as a cause.

I was getting ready to pack it up to return it for service, when by chance I
plugged in the charger and let it sit for a few hours. Works fine now, but
still worrisome. I think I'll drain the charge and see if I can reproduce
the problem, then recharge it again and make it go away. If not, I've got
about 20 days left on my warranty.