Subject: Is this true? Looking to buy a unit
From: Sharon (sharon25_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-07-09

I'm looking to buy another unit since I returned the one that did not
work and crashed XP. You all told me it could have been fixed, but it
was too late by the time I got that info, so I'd like to get another
one to listen to my audiobooks at work. I have a couple questions, if
you experts would be so kind:

1. Is it true what this seller says, that a used unit is EVEN BETTER
because they solder some joints?

Solder joints, etc have been strengthened where needed, making them
even more reliable units than if you ordered them new from Archos!

2. Can the Rockbox OS be installed on any of the Archos units? The
6-, 10-, 20-GB, recorders and non-recorders, "Studio", etc.? Could I
buy any unit and use the OS you all talk about? I need it installed
so I get that wonderful pause feature for listening to books.

I just need a 6GB, so I am hoping to get one at a decent price and
then hopefully be able to install Rockbox on it!

Thanks for any help....

Sharon