Subject: Re: Is this true? WILL ROCKBOX WORK ON ANY ARCHOS?
From: Brian Wolven (
Date: 2003-07-09

Sharon wrote:
> Still would like to hear from anyone if I can get any Archos unit and
> use the Rockbox OS on it???

"Rockbox is an Open Source replacement firmware for the Archos Jukebox
5000, 6000, Studio, Recorder and FM Recorder MP3 players."

Unless you get a multimedia or something newer, you're covered. =) I
think the "easy-resume" patch has now been committed to CVS, so you can
just download a daily build and get that feature, too.

I 'm just waiting to put rockbox in flash on my JBR20 - we'll let some
braver souls do beta-testing first.