Subject: Re: Is this true? WILL ROCKBOX WORK ON ANY ARCHOS?

Re: Is this true? WILL ROCKBOX WORK ON ANY ARCHOS?

From: Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 13:18:33 -0400

It would depend on the quality of work done. Sure with the weak design
and assembly line soldering techniques used on the end boards of the
Jukebox line, it is quite possible that some reflow/reroute in this area
would make a better product than factory. The statement is not any sort
of obvious lie.

Your best resource here is to check the sellers feedback and read the
buyer comments. Also, does this seller offer warranty or guarantee
against DOA? Those would be the telling factors. Unless someone here has
personally bought one from this particular seller, all responses are
speculation.

If you are talking about newmp3technology I have not seen any negative
comments in this or the Yahoo group about them. Some members have
referred others to them for repair, so I would not be too concerned.

Chris