Subject: FM Recorder won't turn on / USB left connected overnight
From: Tony Agee (ageetw_at_oceana.net)
Date: 2003-07-10

I accidentally left my Jukebox FM Recorder plugged into my computer
overnight (the computer was powered off). Now, for some reason, when I try
to power it on I get nothing: no blinking green lights, no display, nothing.

I tried plugging in the charger and leaving it alone, thinking the batteries
were dead, but the only thing that happens is this very feint "clicking
sound" coming from the Archos, but once again, no green light or any
indication the unit has power.

I've tried plugging/unplugging both the power and USB connection and cannot
manage to get it to wake up at all. The only response the Archos unit gives
is this clicking sound.

I have the rockbox software installed so I don't think I can return it to
Archos for warranty repair/replacement, can I?

What should I do? Help!

Tony