Subject: Re: cvs server not reachable?
From: roland (
Date: 2003-07-10

you didn`t get that script from me(see below), because so. could interpret this as a denial of service attack :D
(this "hammering to cvs" even worses the problem, but perhaps sourceforge one day gets aware of the problems
because all people begin "hammering" on sf`s damn unavailable free cvs service :D )

> a traceroute shows Im not getting through to it.
seems to be some packet filtering or firewalling there, because
- pinging works for me
- traceroute doesn`t work from every source (for me) - from my windows box i get "trough", from my linux box
  (other provider) i don`t get an answer....
- Connection reset by peer means, that the remote site send a TCP "RST" packet. this could be because of
  heavy load on the destination system(s),so it (or a loadbalance in front) won`t let you initiate a tcp connection.
  sourceforge doesn`t seem to work hard on this issue, because i get this for weeks now..... SOOOOOUUUUUUUURCEFOOOOORGE -
  Please fix that ! perhaps we can move to similar services like bitkeeper or sourcecast otherwise ? :D

$ cat

for i in apps docs firmware gdb tools uisimulator
echo "i'm updating $i"
 while [ "${status}" != 0 ] ; do
  cvs -z3 update $i
  sleep X; <--- Replace X by any number of seconds you think you can account towards sourceforge :D
 done (pardon - is "account towards" correct english? english isn`t my native language)