Subject: Re: Can ROLO load non-scrambled images?
From: Tom Cole (
Date: 2003-07-11

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:47:30 +0200 (MEST), you wrote:

>> Now that I have flashed my RB, the biggest delay in starting up is
>> descrambling the abjrec.ajz file.
>Why are you still doing this? If you flashed it, rename "abjrec.ajz" to e.g.
>"abjrec.ajz_" to avoid Rockbox finding it, versus the F1-Archos software
>will still load it. If you want to upgrade to a newer version, just flash that
>one instead.
>In fact, I'm thinking about removing that feature again, Rockbox checking
>for abjrec.ajz, although I deliberately have put that in. Checking for that in
>the root directory prolonges the power on til resume from 3 seconds to 4
>seconds, at least for me. If the box can directly resume, it doesn't need to scan
>the root directory, semms to save a second. That feature is a bit obsolete
>now, because if you want the box to start a different firmware, just flash it.

I can think of at least one reason for wanting to automatically load an
abjrec.ajz file from disk. I make use of Benjamin's Bookmark feature
from his site. At present bookmarking is not in the daily builds. I
can't flash this version because it won't initialise the JB correctly,
so it has to be on disk.

Brilliant work by the way!!

Tom Cole
Lower Hutt