Subject: Re: Flash works great, but I have still a question...
From: George Styles (george_at_ripnet.co.uk)
Date: 2003-07-11

Hi,

I think this information is correct:

AJBREC.AJZ_ - Keep this if you want f1+boot boot to Archos firmware to load
Rockbox automatically - for example if you flash a bad build, and cannot
recover, you can use f1+boot, which loads the original firmware, which in
turn will load ajbrec.ajz_ and boot that, allowing you to run the flash
.rock to re-flash a good Rockbox. Its called AJBREC.AJZ_ to prevent Rockbox
from loading it, as Rockbox checks for a file called exactly 'AJBREC.AJZ',
whereas Archos will boot anything that starts with that, hence the _

FIRMWARE_REC.BIN - This can be safely deleted once you have flashed the
rom - it contains the bootloader, the archos firmware, and a version of
Rockbox - this is now in your flash, so can be removed

INTERNAL_ROM_0000-FFFF.BIN
INTERNAL_ROM_2000000-203FFFF.BIN

These are backups of the old rom - I would suggest at a minimium you back
these up onto CD or something, and they arent doing much harm sitting on the
jukebox - they will be needed if you ever want to flash your Jukebox back to
the original firmware (why anyone would do this I dont know...)

Hope that helps