Subject: Re: FM Recorder won't turn on / USB left connected overnight
From: Joris van den Heuvel (
Date: 2003-07-11

| If you have access to an external charger I'd recommend to try charging
| batteries separately. Preferably you should use a second set of batteries
| that are proven to work.
| Unless you tried different batteries I wouldn't recommend sending the unit
| back to archos yet.
| Phil

The FM Recorder uses a special battery which can't be removed and charged
outside of the jukebox.

I read somewhere that a completely empty Li-ion battery acts like a lead
acid battery. It needs a long time before it will charge again. I have
charged drained lead acid batteries, but sometimes it took 8 hours before
charging even started. So leave the FMR on the charger for at least a full
day and see what happens. If it's not that, maybe try another charger. And
if all that fails, send it back.