Subject: FAO LINUS - RE: More long recording problems with JBR20
From: Meirion Williams [e-knowledge] (
Date: 2003-07-11

Do you want the 500mb or the 200mb file? ;)

I'm sorry, I don't know how to read sectors from my hd, can you give me some
instructions to follow?

Also, I tried that FixVBR program. It said at the time of the error there
was a "change in MPEG version at frame xxxxx". The resulting file that it
produced was simply a shorter MP3 (but CBR) that was just the section of the
MP3 that played correctly before. ie it just trimmed the corrupt data from
the end. So it didn't work.