Subject: Re: Can ROLO load non-scrambled images?

Re: Can ROLO load non-scrambled images?

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:31:43 +0100 (BST)

> Why are you still doing this? If you flashed it, rename "abjrec.ajz" to
> e.g. "abjrec.ajz_" to avoid Rockbox finding it, versus the F1-Archos
> software will still load it. If you want to upgrade to a newer version,
> just flash that one instead.

I will point out that renaming a file by putting an "_" on the end will
not fool the Archos firmware, since it just looks for the first file with
a matching initial 10 characters, regardless of what may be in characters
11+

This has been a cause of problems for people booting to different
firmwares than they expected. This is also mentioned in the Rockbox FAQ.

--
Mike Holden
Rockbox page: http://www.mikeholden.org/~rockbox