Subject: Re: Can ROLO load non-scrambled images?
From: Mike Holden (
Date: 2003-07-11

> Why are you still doing this? If you flashed it, rename "abjrec.ajz" to
> e.g. "abjrec.ajz_" to avoid Rockbox finding it, versus the F1-Archos
> software will still load it. If you want to upgrade to a newer version,
> just flash that one instead.

I will point out that renaming a file by putting an "_" on the end will
not fool the Archos firmware, since it just looks for the first file with
a matching initial 10 characters, regardless of what may be in characters

This has been a cause of problems for people booting to different
firmwares than they expected. This is also mentioned in the Rockbox FAQ.

Mike Holden

Rockbox page: