Subject: Re: Can ROLO load non-scrambled images?
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-07-11

Björn Stenberg wrote:
> The question remains: Why?
>
> You want to flash your rockbox anyway. We've already passed the point
> where flashing a new release is risky, so there is simply no reason
> to boot two rockbox versions every powerup.

It is still easier to put a firmware file on disk than flashing it, at
least until we have streamlined the flashing process. As it is now, you
have to unscramble and UCL-pack the image and run a plugin to flash it.

Besides, booting two rockbox versions will still be faster than booting
Archos and then Rockbox.

Linus