Subject: Re: Flash Games question...
From: F. Andres (planet77_at_gmx.net)
Date: 2003-07-12

> > And something else, when I start my flashed Rockboxx, I have the
> > starting screen, and after 4 to 5 seconds, I have the icons plus
the
> > starting screen (the battery/volume/repeat or not/shuffle icons
and so
> > on) ca. another 4to5 seconds later my AJB works. That'salltogether
10
> > Seconds which is still great, but someone know what I can do to
speed up
> > my AJB20 even more?
>
> That's strange. While the logo is visible, Rockbox waits for your HD
to get
> ready. When that's gone, it should be operational. How does this
compare to
> startup with F1-On? Do you have a very excessive root directory?
>
> Jörg

Yes, in my root dir are about 600 to 800 files, I haven't got it here
at the moment, but I think it must be around this number. As soon as I
have the possibility, I will move the files to another dir and leave
just 10 or 20 mp3s in the root, I'll post it here if the problem is
gone or not.
Thanks for your answers, now I know what I can delete and what file I
have to save to CD and pc if I have to put the original firmware back
on my Archos (what I will never do, I'll do it only when I have to do
it because of warranty reasons)

F. Andres