Subject: Re: Flash Games question...
From: Andreas Stemmer (
Date: 2003-07-12

Björn Stenberg <> wrote:
> Andreas Stemmer wrote:
>> I noticed an increased booting time in today's build (6-7 seconds
>> instead of 3-4 yesterday) and the booting screen with status bar, too.
>> Were there more changes than just the added uart init?
> Yes, I made a change in the disk spindown code that could possibly be the
> reason for the extra time. Fix committed, try it and tell me if there's a
> difference.

Wow, that was fast, but I'm sorry, I can't try it before Monday, I have no
USB here. But I'll report back next week.

> What do you mean with "booting screen with status bar"?

When I power up my jukebox with rockbox cvs-030711 the following happens in
this order:

- green light goes on
- display light goes on and harddisk spins up
- rockbox logo appears
- hdd starts to read
* display light goes off shortly
* display light goes on again
* status bar appears (rockbox logo still on the display)
- WPS appears and music plays

I don't remember the marked (*) parts in my first flashed version or they
were significantly shorter. Booting process now takes approx. 3 seconds
more (6-7 seconds now, which is still great, but more than 3-4 seconds)

(Btw: my root directory contains 14 directories and 6 files, no ajbrec.ajz)

Andreas Stemmer