Subject: ATA Errors when booting from flash
From: Doug Layne (motiv02_at_layndo.com)
Date: 2003-07-14

I have updated my Recorder 20 to boot from flash. I am able to use F1 and
boot the Archos firmware, however, I am getting ATA errors when trying to
boot rockbox from the second image. Most of the time I get ATA error: -21
after about 1 or 2 seconds of the splash screen, but occasionally I get ATA
error: -41 after about 10 seconds of the splash screen. I took a quick look
at the code and it seems like io_address_detect() and sometimes
freeze_lock() are failing. In both cases, the debug screen has master,
0x300 for ATA. Any idea of what might cause this? I have a 40GB IBM
Travelstar drive in the unit, but I'm not sure of the exact model. I have a
bleeding edge build (030714-0101) in flash also. Thanks a lot.

Doug