Subject: Turning off my AJBR20. Best way?
From: Tim Elliott (telliott_at_sigecom.net)
Date: 2003-07-14

I know this seems like a stupid question but what's the best way to turn
off my recorder to avoid killing power when the disc is active? I
usually have it in my "fanny pack" and when I'm done listening, I press
pause, wait a few seconds and hold the off button to kill the power. I
don't want to take it out and look at the drive light every time I want
to turn it off. Should I simply hit off and let it time out and turn
off (I have that set to 15 minutes)?

I don't turn it off for short periods, like when I'm ordering food
somewhere because I know it uses more power turning it on and off
frequently.

I wish there was a way to tell Rockbox that I want to turn the unit off
now. What do you guys do when you are done listening? I don't want to
put unnecessary wear on the hard drive.

Thanks,
Tim