Subject: Re: dynamic playlist reset?

Re: dynamic playlist reset?

From: Hardeep Sidhu <hardeeps_at_pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 04:13:01 -0700

Hi Jean,

> So in fact the way to start a new clean playlist is not to start playing
> a first track but to "ON+PLAY" it and then to insert it in a playlist
> which will actually contain that single file this time. Not obvious at
> first sight...

Rockbox behaviour has always been to insert the entire directory into the
playlist when you "play" a track. The onplay method was added as a way to
bypass this but I don't think it should be made the default. We'll make
sure we document it so at least people who read the manual will know about
it. =)

> So, although you are right that a discrete "clear playlist" or "clear
> queue" function is not absolutely necessary, that could help to make
> sure that nothing else is already in queue when someone wants to start
> queuing titles after the currently playing one without having to stop
> it. Think of some kind of "DJ-like" situation for example if that helps
> to figure out what I am about.

Ah, okay, now I understand the request. Sure, we can add a "clear queue"
option. You may want to file this as a feature request so that it isn't
forgotten. BTW, one way to make sure the track/dir/playlist you're queuing
is played immediately after the current track is to use the "Insert/Queue
next" commands.

-Hardeep