Subject: First red LED death
From: Chuck Urwiler (curwiler_at_comcast.net)
Date: 2003-07-14

Hello,

I noted a while ago that this Red LED death problem seems to be a FAQ, yet
I had never seen it.... Until yesterday.

I have an FMR 20, and most of the time I listen to it while working in my
home office, so it sits plugged into power and doesn't get bounced around.

However, yesterday, I went out to cut the grass and brought it out with me
- sure makes the grass-cutting go more quickly. While I was listening,
right in the middle of a song, the sound cut out, and when I looked at the
unit, I saw the solid red LED, everything was locked up (i.e., no controls
worked) and, my battery indicator (displayed as numbers) was flashing. I
was able to hold OFF and then restart the unit just fine.

Other than this, I also had enabled the anti-skip buffer, which I normally
have set to 0. I set this to 3sec before going out. So perhaps this is a
buffer underrun problem of some kind?? Or maybe only a problem while on
the batteries?

Anything I can do to help troubleshoot this problem further?

-Chuck