Subject: RE: Help please! Rockbox work with this? It is a multimedia unit?
From: Chris Holt (amiga2k_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-07-14

You aren't allowed to use an electrical outlet where you work? The Archos
can charge and play at the same time, so you would never have this problem
if you could plug it in when it needed it.

Hmm, 12 + 4 = 16 hour shifts!?! Or are you saying it would die the next
day? In either case, you can certianly charge partially depleted NiMh
batteries like the Archos Studio and Recorder models use without problems.
 Every once in a while you might want to run them almost all the way down,
as this keeps their capacity at it's best throughout their life cycle
(anywhere from 400 to 1000 charge cycles depending on how they are used)
The other good thing about NiMh batteries of the AA persuasion is that you
can find replacements with higher capacities for 10 - 20 dollars.

Chris