Subject: RE: Help please! Rockbox work with this? It is a multimedia unit?
From: Andreas Stemmer (groovingandi_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-07-15

Sharon wrote:

> Sooooo....can you charge it every day, even if the batteries haven't
> died yet?

Yes you can! Most Ni-Mh batteries need some full cycles at the beginning
before they develop their full capacity. After this initial procedure,
Ni-Mh don't show any noticable memory effect, but if you should get
problems with reduced playtime, it's not a big problem to buy a new set
or try some refreshing full cycles.
As far as I know, Li-Ion batteries can be charged anytime, too.

> And re the question of the better LCD display, I can get the 10 GB
> recorder and have the regular rechargeable NiMH batteries, the nice
> LCD display, and still record things if I wanted...that 10 GB sure
> sounds like the unit of choice for me at the moment.

Do you have a computer with USB 2.0? The 20 GB recorder model supports
USB 2.0, the smaller models only have USB 1.1 which is very slow
compared to USB 2.0.

Andreas Stemmer