Subject: RE: Help please! Rockbox work with this? It is a multimedia unit?

RE: Help please! Rockbox work with this? It is a multimedia unit?

From: Sharon <sharon25_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:35:34 -0700

Well, we get sent home early a lot, unfortunately, so the shift CAN
be only 4-6 hours. My illustration was meant to mean that the
batteries could die in the middle of a shift and leave me in silence
for the duration. I always thought you had to run batteries down all
the way before recharging them or you gave them some kind of "memory"
that lessened their life. Evidently technology has progressed past
that point... (o:

The suggestions about using the unit connected to a radio are fine,
except that I didn't make it clear. The Archos goes with ME; I wanted
the boombox for Bill; he wants to listen to MP3s I've burned on CD
for him, but he doesn't like headsets. I figured all the experience
on this board would know the best (and worst, for avoiding)
suggestions for boomboxes....this board knows everything about sound!

Sharon