Subject: Re: ATA Errors when booting from flash
From: Doug Layne (motiv02_at_layndo.com)
Date: 2003-07-15

Ok, here's what I did to get something that works. I don't quite understand
the low level ATA stuff enough to know why it works, but maybe someone will
know what needs to be changed in this detection code. In
io_address_detect() in ata.c, I basically forced it to the 'else' statement,
causing the address to be set to 0x200 instead of 0x300. I also commented
out the 'to be sure' check so the function would succeed. With these
changes, everything boots, very quickly :), and seems to work fine. I've
played around with it a little and I haven't noticed any side effects yet,
but I'm sure there could be some. Let me know if there's anything I can do
to help figure this out. Thanks a lot!

Doug