Subject: Re: Music preferences
From: TP Diffenbach (
Date: 2003-07-15

Quoting Stephen Ball <>:

> We are all here for one reason, rockbox, and because of that common sense says
> we all have an Archos MP3 player, and thus must listen to quite a bit of
> music.
> So I find it funny that no one seems to have started a topic like this before
> :D
> Anyway my question, what sort of music are you into/have on your jukebox? Who
> are your favourites bands/groups/acts?

I tried to do this in IRC, and midknight yelled at me for it. ;)

I like Folk music: ballads or hippie stuff with a political message, and (light) Opera, Gilbert & Sullivan or Wagner (yes, Wagner isn't light).

On my rockbox, I have:
  134 Bob Dylan tracks;
  about 60 some Pete Seeger tracks;
  four Arlo Guthrie albums;
  one Phil Ochs, etc (lost my other Ochs album);
  205 JS Bach tracks;
  Wagner's Ring Cycle (Solti conducting) of four operas, two additional Wagner operas (Rienzi and Tristan & Isolde), some parts of Lohengrin, and additional odds and ends;
  five Gilbert & Sullivan light operas performed by D'Oyly Carte (2 Mikados (1926 & 1936), 2 Pinafores (1930 & 1959), 1 Pirates (1968), with a Gondoliers and an Princess Ida (both 1924) on order, and odds and ends.

In total, I have about 23 GB of music.

Archos FM has a Rockbox!