Subject: Re: Rombox: won't charge when batteries are dead
From: Nix (
Date: 2003-07-15

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Heikki Hannikainen uttered the following:
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
>> > So, just moving power_init might not help. Maybe it can be fixed by
>> > moving some initializations, or maybe it is simply a matter of time.
>> It turned out to be quite simple, once I spent a minute or two
>> understanding what happens in adc.c. It is a matter of time: power_init
>> must be called at least 80 ms after adc_init returns, otherwise it will
>> get incorrect data.
> So adc.c could be moved quite high up, it doesn't seem to depend on just
> about anything except the kernel, then power_init() could be moved a bit
> higher up?

Alternatively, you could initialize current_channel to 7, not 0; or read
the lot at once in adc_init() to initialize properly without an 8 tick

`We cannot get a new line down the pipe due to a blockage and we cannot
 dig up the road to clear the blockage because it is covered with the
 wrong type of tarmac.' --- British Telecom, via Mark Lowes