Subject: Re: Rombox: won't charge when batteries are dead

Re: Rombox: won't charge when batteries are dead

From: Nix <nix_at_esperi.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:42:15 +0100

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Heikki Hannikainen uttered the following:
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
>
>> > So, just moving power_init might not help. Maybe it can be fixed by
>> > moving some initializations, or maybe it is simply a matter of time.
>>
>> It turned out to be quite simple, once I spent a minute or two
>> understanding what happens in adc.c. It is a matter of time: power_init
>> must be called at least 80 ms after adc_init returns, otherwise it will
>> get incorrect data.
>
> So adc.c could be moved quite high up, it doesn't seem to depend on just
> about anything except the kernel, then power_init() could be moved a bit
> higher up?

Alternatively, you could initialize current_channel to 7, not 0; or read
the lot at once in adc_init() to initialize properly without an 8 tick
delay.

--
`We cannot get a new line down the pipe due to a blockage and we cannot
 dig up the road to clear the blockage because it is covered with the