Subject: Re: Flashing my FM killed it :(
From: Nix (nix_at_esperi.demon.co.uk)
Date: 2003-07-15

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, idc-dragon_at_gmx.de yowled:
>> I did notice on my FM, after flashing, that a very short press of the "On"
>> button resulted in the backlight and green led coming on briefly (three
>> tenths of a second?) before both went out, with nothing else happening.
>
> Having had an FM yesterday in my hands for the first time, I also found it
> striking that I had to push On for a little moment before it starts. But that
> was also the case before I did anything to it. My friend who lend it said
> this is normal, and he prefers it that way.

My FM recorder turns on (as in, backlight flashes and disk spins up)
immediately when the on button is pressed (well, obviously not
*immediately*, but I can't discern a time delay).

Haven't tried flashing yet.

--
`We cannot get a new line down the pipe due to a blockage and we cannot
 dig up the road to clear the blockage because it is covered with the