Subject: Re: Mono recording
From: Chris Holt (amiga2k_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-07-16

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:25:11 +1200, Rob wrote:
> Hi. I have a problem. I am recording from a tape player thru the line-
> in socket to my AJBR 20 but cannot get any sound since the incoming
> sound is using one channel and the Rockbox code is seemingly using the
> other channel. Works fine in stereo which is nice but makes the
> filesize much greater. Any help on this one?
>

> TIA.
>

> Rob

Well, if the tape player has a mono jack, the solution would be to get a
mono to stereo adapter at a place like Radio shack which would adapt the
mono plug to a stereo socket. I have to assume it is a mini phono jack
you are dealing with because the solution to RCA jacks would be quite
obvious.

Chris