Subject: Re: Rockbox Charging?

Re: Rockbox Charging?

From: Heikki Hannikainen <hessu_at_hes.iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:12:08 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, George Styles wrote:

> When I unplug the charger in the morning, and start using it, the power
> level quickly drops from 100% to 40% then down to 8%. At this point, it
> becomes unusable.

  Hm, strange, the rockbox charger shouldn't be _that_ bad. It's been
improved a lot lately, but if you still see that kind of performance...
strange.

> The debug menu (great feature :) ) tells me that the battary is on 4.89v,
> and that external is 0.37V with no charger attached. Also, it says charger:
> absent, charging: yes which is wierd.

  The charger logic code only runs once every minute, and the
"charging/trickle/not charging" status changes only on the minute, as it
doesn't poll the charging plug/voltage any more often. This is the reason
for the above. It is not to be worried about (although it is a little
confusing that charging doesn't start right after you plug in the charger,
this does not affect the charging performance).

  - Hessu