Subject: Re: Error in rockbox_flash plugin -- be careful!
From: Johan Vromans (
Date: 2003-07-16 writes:

> (Just for comfort: flashing a wrong ucl file worst case would require to
> redo it with F1-boot, will not do any damage outside of the second image.

After hitting F2 it started programming, but the disk LED did not
flash. After a short time (30 secs or so) the system shut down.
Recovering with On+F1 whent w/o problems.

On a side note: in the README you suggest to keep rockbox_flash.rock
with the rocks. I noticed that newer CVS builds have a
rockbox_flash.rock as well. To avoid version problems, I keep the
flash rocks separate, so I always have the right versions available in
case I need them. In summary:

  /ajbrec.ajz_ the version used to flash
  /.rockbox/flashbox/*_flash.rock these are the rocks that belong to
                             this version
  /rockbox.ucl current version firmware, flashed
  /.rockbox/rocks/*.rock these are the rocks for the current

So On+F1 will always boot a Rockbox for which I have the flash rocks

-- Johan