Subject: RE: Changing Directory Limit
From: Andreas Stemmer (groovingandi_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-07-16

Alan Nisbet wrote:
> Hi

Welome to the list!

> I'm new to this and just discovered Rockbox and updated my Jukebox
> 6000 to Rockbox 2.0 which is a massive improvement on Archos's
> effort. Anyway i am lovin it so far but need to increase the
> directory limit from 400 to at least 900.

Are you sure you want to scroll through 900 files? Why don't you put
them in directories?

> I read that the limit is
> now configurable but I have no clue as to what software I need to
> view or change the code or which lines I need to change.

The limit is not changeable in Rockbox 2.0 (at least not without
modifying the code), this feature was added later. Install a daily
build, there you'll find a "max files in dir browser" option in the menu
(general settings -> system). Change it to whatever you like, but think
about some organisation once again.

Andreas Stemmer