Subject: Re: An other battery issue with flashed rockbox
From: idc-dragon_at_gmx.de
Date: 2003-07-17

> Yesterday, my battery were fully discharged, I plug my archos jbr20
> flashed with rockbox 20030714 cvs I get hd error -31... after 2 or 3
> infructuous reboot ( with -31 error ) it start and charge battery...

Again, the currently recommended workaround in case of deep discharge is to
hold F1 while plugging in the charger. This gives the original Archos
charging screen.
Right now, Rockbox has no "charging only" startup, it always wants to spin
up the HD before doing anything useful. It guess we have to change that soon,
more and more people fall into that trap.

Jörg