From: anmelden (
Date: 2003-07-17

on the other hands, forums have big advantages, too
- categories (e.g. Requests, Code Discussions, FAQ etc.) at a glance (if done smartly they also prevent the information to get cluttered in endless topics)
- easily searchable for both subject & message (!!!) - stops silly double postings and stuff. right now, I can't search anything at all at once
- upload of small files is easily done
- important aspects or always reoccurring questions can be handled via "announcements" or "sticky threads"
- no stress with bounced adresses, double/triple/quadruple emails and stuff like that....