From: lee donaghy (lee295012_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 2003-07-17

 --- anmelden <anmelden_at_oleco.net> wrote: > on the
other hands, forums have big advantages, too
> - categories (e.g. Requests, Code Discussions, FAQ
> etc.) at a glance (if done smartly they also prevent
> the information to get cluttered in endless topics)
> - easily searchable for both subject & message (!!!)
> - stops silly double postings and stuff. right now,
> I can't search anything at all at once
> - upload of small files is easily done
> - important aspects or always reoccurring questions
> can be handled via "announcements" or "sticky
> threads"
> - no stress with bounced adresses,
> double/triple/quadruple emails and stuff like
> that....

my main issue in not wanting to move to a forum is
that forums tend to attract morons (the net is full
of them now, thanks microsoft), i've never seen any
flaming on the mailinglist and want to to stay that way.

=====
Lee donaghy
great yarmouth
lee295012_at_yahoo.com