From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-07-18

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Tom Sustins wrote:

> Mailing lists suck

I think I can speak for Björn and Linus too, when I say this:

  You will never see us host a rockbox web forum.

Anyone else is free to host one somewhere else, but I can't guarantee that
we'd care enough to visit it. The funmp3players and the yahoo forums already
exist to cover that need, IMHO.

Web forums are always less powerful than your favourite mail client when
reading mails. If not, get a better mail program.

Trying to catch up with you different intesterests in various web forums
instead of mail is time consuming and ineffective.

Web forums get plagued by silly people who only ask once and never responds.
If you care about getting an answer, then you could well enough accept getting
some extra mails too.

Not to mention how the anonymous posters tend to ruin things.

Web forums are for kids. Real people and real discussions need mailing lists,
and there are news access and web based archives too.