Subject: Re: Flashing my FM killed it :(

Re: Flashing my FM killed it :(

From: Bernd Leibing <bernd.leibing_at_kiz.uni-ulm.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 08:32:45 +0200

idc-dragon_at_gmx.de wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>sadly it looks as I'm the first one who killed his fm by flashing
>>rockbox.
>>
>>Flashing itself was ok, it even verified ok. (Yes I used the firmware
>>for fm)
>>
>>But I cannot start the box anymore (even with F1 pressed)
>>
>>Pressing On spins up the disk, and the green LED turns on, but that's it.
>>
>>A little bit shocked...
>>

> Another idea: maybe the unit is just deeply crashed, e.g. by odd powerdown.
> Try removing the batteries for a while, then bring it up again. There are
> crash situations where only this helps.

That didn't help.

I'm doing much travelling right now, As soon as I'm back (in a week) I
will disassemle the box and remove the Disk and attach it directly to my
PC. then I will be able to verify the Firmware I flashed, maybe the file
was garbled.

Afterwards I try to do the serial mod, sadly I couldn't find any
schematics for the FM Recorder. Anyone who has done a mod on am FM?

Bing

--
Bernd 'Bing' Leibing     KIZ Infrastruktur, University of Ulm, Germany
Email: <bernd.leibing_at_kiz.uni-ulm.de>               Tel. 0731-50-22516