Subject: RE: cue-sheet support

RE: cue-sheet support

From: TP Diffenbach <rockbox_at_diffenbach.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 14:32:40 -0400

Quoting Andreas Stemmer <groovingandi_at_gmx.de>:

> TP Diffenbach wrote:
> > For VBR mp3s, wouldn't this require examining each frame up to the
> > point where the cued time begin?
>
> I didn't write that it makes sense to support it, only that it's
> possible :)
> In vbr mp3s you normally have an extra vbr header which gives you the
> seeking information you need for jumping to a certain time.

I'm not accusing you of saying it makes sense. :)

I'd been thinking about this because there are certain tracks I'd like to begin or end playing after/before the track actually begins/ends in order to skip introductions/spoken parts. (Some light operas I have attach the spoken parts to the end of songs, to faciliate skipping them by skipping to the next song.)

I'd like to be able to add optional startAt, endAt information to playlists, and was figuring that it's most user friendly to allow this information to be input as time, but neccessary to either have a frame offset or iterate through all prior frames for VBR.

--
Archos FM has a Rockbox!