Subject: Re: cue-sheet support

Re: cue-sheet support

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 03:37:34 +0200

Markus wrote:
> I know there have
> been same discussions on that, but as far as I can see, no gapless sound
> reproduction is possible if the tracks have no pause between them . And it
> seems not even the --gapless option of lame does what it is supposed to do.
> (http://www.geocities.com/nyaochi2000/lame/cuesheet/) and
> http://www.geocities.com/nyaochi2000/lame/gapless/index.html.

If you read the second article, it is about how to achieve gapless
playback _without_ the --gapless/--nogap option. In the first article he
uses the nogap/gapless option, but claims that there are few players
that can remove the LAME/VBR header before decoding the stream, hence
producing silence between the tracks. Rockbox removes the VBR/LAME
headers correctly, so that is not an issue.

> So once again, could someone please....?

Someone may do this one day. Until then, I suggest you give the --nogap
option a try.

Linus