Subject: Flashed FM Rockbox USB works better (for me)

Flashed FM Rockbox USB works better (for me)

From: Justin Heiner <jheiner_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 0:08:07 -0700

So, I noticed something with Win2k and the flashed fm rockbox over the normal archos fm firmware...

When I'd have the FMR off, and plug the USB in, the archos would turn on and the archos firmware say that the USB is on and working, but windows would never actually create a drive letter for it. I had to turn it on, and halfway through the startup process, plug in the USB for it to actually work. I've tested this with numerous installations of win2k on a couple different laptops.

With rockbox in the flash, it actually works correctly. Yet another archos bug fixed with rockbox :-)

-Justin