Subject: Re: Flashed rockbox not charging at all

Re: Flashed rockbox not charging at all

From: <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:40:49 +0200 (MEST)

> At this time my JBR20 is not charging at all when running rockbox (CVS
> 030721). ROLO to this CVS also don't work, in fact it gets worse the
ROLO'ed
> version thinks there is no charge and reports the battery nearly empty..
>
> Charging screen reports not charging and battery level at 88%, after
> restart unit reports level at 91% (Rockbox info)..

Since I didn't mess with the charging algorithm, there's 2 thing to consider
with the new charging screen:
1) The first 40 seconds or so the power thread just measures, never charges.
2) Chargin will only be started if the measured voltage is below a certain
threshold, I think 85%.

I also would prefer to 1) have the first measurements quicker and 2) always
do a top-off charge for the charging screen, since the user probably had a
reason for plugging it in.

Jörg