Subject: Re: Read only in USB mode [Feature Request]

Re: Read only in USB mode [Feature Request]

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:13:48 +0100

>Yes I give it an antivirus software but after all my executable files on
>the archos hd were infected and after i clean them !

I never use AV software to remove viruses, only to detect them.
Once I know what virus I have, I google for a specific cure for that
specific virus - maybe this is not necessary, but it is my way.

>That's why I was thinking about that....
>I think fat partition can be set as read only by updating bootsector of hd

there's an interesting thought - although I'm not sure I would want to keep
on editing the partition table - sods law says a write will go wrong at
some point. If it is possible to flag the partition as read only, the I
would favour it as an option labelled "AT YOUR OWN RISK" (or such).

I'll have a little surf and feed back anything I find...