Subject: Re: Create UCL out of the bleeding edge build - me wrote a program ;)
From: Johan Vromans (
Date: 2003-07-21

scott <> writes:

> there's a problem with unzipping the new .rocks (yes, i realize this
> was my suggestion). i just ran your program on my FMR, and i can't
> flash because rockbox_flash.rock is incompatable now.
> maybe you could have it check to see if rockbox_flash.rock exists,
> and if it does, move it to the root before unzipping the .rocks.

To avoid version problems, I keep the flash rocks separate, so I
always have the right versions available in case I need them. In

  /ajbrec.ajz_ the version used to flash
  /.rockbox/flashbox/*_flash.rock these are the rocks that belong to
                             this version
  /rockbox.ucl current version firmware, flashed
  /.rockbox/rocks/*.rock these are the rocks for the current

So On+F1 will always boot a Rockbox for which I have the flash rocks

-- Johan