Subject: Re: Create UCL out of the bleeding edge build - me wrote a program ;)

Re: Create UCL out of the bleeding edge build - me wrote a program ;)

From: Johan Vromans <jvromans_at_squirrel.nl>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:21:08 +0200

scott <die_pokemon_die123_at_yahoo.com> writes:

> there's a problem with unzipping the new .rocks (yes, i realize this
> was my suggestion). i just ran your program on my FMR, and i can't
> flash because rockbox_flash.rock is incompatable now.
>
> maybe you could have it check to see if rockbox_flash.rock exists,
> and if it does, move it to the root before unzipping the .rocks.

To avoid version problems, I keep the flash rocks separate, so I
always have the right versions available in case I need them. In
summary:

  /ajbrec.ajz_ the version used to flash
  /.rockbox/flashbox/*_flash.rock these are the rocks that belong to
                             this version
  /rockbox.ucl current version firmware, flashed
  /.rockbox/rocks/*.rock these are the rocks for the current
                             version

So On+F1 will always boot a Rockbox for which I have the flash rocks
available.

-- Johan