Subject: RE: cue-sheet support
From: Andreas Stemmer (groovingandi_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-07-22

Markus wrote:
> I tried it according to your instruction ( EAC + --alt-preset fast
> standard), I get gapless sound but MP3DirectCut
> does not cut according to cuesheet but with an increasing delay from
> track to track, even if i use VBRFix before cutting.

Strange... A few things you could test:
- Do you have the latest version of MP3DirectCut (navigation in vbr
files was a little bit difficult in earlier versions)?
- Is the cue sheet correct (it's a plain text file, you can look at the
time stamps and test if they are correct)? I had one CD now, where the
generated cue sheet had an error (one song started a little bit too
late).
- Perhaps try cutting the mp3 with MusiCutter instead of MP3DirectCut.
- Does this happen with every CD or just with a special one. If it's
only one CD, you could correct the cue sheet or the split points by hand
before splitting.

> Where can I find instruction for the batch conversion using lame in
> --gapless mode?

Sorry, I can't help you with this one...

Good luck,
Andreas Stemmer