Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC: need a small program
From: Brian Wolven (brian.wolven_at_verizon.net)
Date: 2003-07-22

Paul van der Heu wrote:
> I need a small tool that will work from the rt-click menu(I know how
> to get it there..);
>
> take the selected file(s) as argument(s)
> ask for a destination dir
> create a file in destination dir with same name as file, but with
> .djlk extension (instead of .mp3, .wav or .wma)
> contents of this file is the fullpath and name of the original
> file(including original extension)
>
> I have been messing with C++ a bit to see if I could whip this up
> but it's gonna be a while before I have enough knowledge to do this.
> I would appreciate to have the source as well so I can learn..
>
> Anyone willing to help Thanks in advance!! Also Any tips on good
> books/sites are welcome.. Or should I not even mess with C++?? I know
> some perl and used to be good at Arexx back in my Amiga days..

There is a utility (from PC Mag originally IIRC) called copypathext.dll
that copies a file path or paths to the clipboard, and is accessed from
the rt-click menu. It does not do the second part of your wish list
(create a directory and files with the paths inside), but it does come
with the source code. It might get you most of the way to your
destination. You can find the files (and more info) in either of these
two places:

http://www.codeguru.com/shell/CopyPathExt.shtml

http://www.codeproject.com/shell/copypathext.asp