Subject: Re: docs file formatted for reading on the archos (was Re: Fwd: Re: [archosjukebox6000] rock box questions)
From: Jean Boullier (jean.boullier_at_wanadoo.fr)
Date: 2003-07-22

I am glad to see that you finally managed to find it back without me! 8-)
A version for Studio/Players is also available as
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jmb-data/Help-Stu.txt
I plan to update these two versions sometime when the current big works
in progress are a little more stable and integrated in the daily builds.
Therefore lovely things like "pressing the ON button to resume", dynamic
playlists, bookmarks etc... are not yet in but will be later.

I do not know yet if using the FMR is very different from using the JBR
(beside the specific FM functions, obviously) therefore I do not know if
it would be worth to make an FMR version?

Regarding using these small help files I want to recommend Garrett
Denner's plugin "Text Viewer with Word Wrap". In addition to its main
feature which makes reading more comfortable it has a secondary feature
on the F3 key for switching between long lines display (one line of file
per line of screen) and screen size word wrapping. That makes it easy to
quickly scroll my files for finding a topic (the topic key is always at
the start of a line) and then switch to screen word wrapping for readind
the details of that line.

It is not easy for Garrett these days with the switch to plugins and the
high volatility of the plugin interface (in my opinion). So, if you are
interested with its viewer I recommend that you feed yourself directly
from his site
Garrett's Rockbox Material
<http://www.adfreeinternet.com/%7Egaryd/rockbox/>
until things get a little more consolidated in the main Rockbox line.

Cheers. Jean

--
Jean Boullier - Rouen - Normandie - France