Subject: Re: Still having charging problems with Rockbox in flash
From: idc-dragon_at_gmx.de
Date: 2003-07-22

> Hi,
>
> Im still having strange problems with Rockbox in flash - using todays CVS
> with new charging screen. It charges, then goes to top-up, but when I pull
> the power, its on 60% charge.
>
> Charging with Archos firmware is fine...
>
> Any useful info I can collect to help get to the bottom of this?

What capacity do your cells have? The default of the charging algorithm is
1500 mAH. Remember that I don't load the settings yet. Maybe the discharge
curve is different, the capacity "measurement" can be no more than an
estimation.
Rockbox tries to determine the charge time and also uses a delta method to
stop charging, versus Archos does a "brute force" charging, I think.

Jörg