Subject: Re: docs file formatted for reading on the archos

Re: docs file formatted for reading on the archos

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:46:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Jean Boullier wrote:

> I am glad to see that you finally managed to find it back without me! 8-)
> A version for Studio/Players is also available as
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jmb-data/Help-Stu.txt

Ah, nice! I downloaded that one and made it available from the docs page as
well.

> I plan to update these two versions sometime when the current big works
> in progress are a little more stable and integrated in the daily builds.
> Therefore lovely things like "pressing the ON button to resume", dynamic
> playlists, bookmarks etc... are not yet in but will be later.

Just make enough noise on this list, and I'll make sure that we get the latest
one on the rockbox site! :-)

> It is not easy for Garrett these days with the switch to plugins and the
> high volatility of the plugin interface (in my opinion).

I disagree. Switching anything over to become a plugin is a one-time operation
and is not affected by the fact that the API sometimes changes.

Also, with Hardeep's fix(*) for the plugin version check, we might soon be
able to load older plugins with newer API versions... BTW, Hardeep, I'm all
for you committing this!

(*) =
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=775193&group_id=44306&atid=439120