Subject: Re: Still having charging problems with Rockbox in flash
From: idc-dragon_at_gmx.de
Date: 2003-07-24

> Brian Wolven wrote:
> > I thought the battery capacity setting was only used to calculate the
> > remaining runtime, but I May Be Wrong (TM).
>
> No, you are right. The battery capacity setting is not used for charging.

Em, to be really picky: you are wrong. The capacity is also used to
calculate an upper limit for the charging time. (variable charge_max_time_now in
powermgmt.c)
This is not so good for my charging screen, since the settings are not
loaded yet it defaults to 1500 mAH. But this change limit is just a safety
feature, the delta detection should stop the charging before.

Jörg