Subject: Re: Problem loading Archos firmware, new Archos error screen
From: TP Diffenbach (rockbox_at_diffenbach.org)
Date: 2003-07-24

Quoting idc-dragon_at_gmx.de:

> >From my flashed FM, I tried to load the Archos FM firmware (1.30j).
> >
> > During ROLO, the harddrive audibly stopped (with a loud click-thump.)
> >
> > The Archos firmware load halted with its progress bar precisely half
> > filled,
>
> Yes, roloing Archos firmware is unreliable with flashed Rockbox, like I
> wrote in my FAQ/readme. It works for some people, but also not for me. This
> is
> probably some initialization problem. I haven't spent any work yet on finding
> it, was not my top priority. You still have F1-On to get Archos.

Yes, I still have F1-On. I was ROLO'ing because F1-On was loading /ajbrec.ajz. And yes, I can (and did) delete it. Hoever, if the charger is plugged, F1-On doesn't load the Archos firmawre; just pressing F1 starts the Rockbox.

Flash is truly excellent, but I would like to see these bits smoothed out. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

--Tom

--
Archos FM has a Rockbox!