Subject: Re: Problem loading Archos firmware, new Archos error screen

Re: Problem loading Archos firmware, new Archos error screen

From: <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:10:24 +0200 (MEST)

> Yes, I still have F1-On. I was ROLO'ing because F1-On was loading
> /ajbrec.ajz. And yes, I can (and did) delete it. Hoever, if the charger is
plugged,
> F1-On doesn't load the Archos firmawre; just pressing F1 starts the
> Rockbox.

It's probably not what you want, but F1+plugin gives you the Archos charging
screen.

> Flash is truly excellent, but I would like to see these bits smoothed out.
> Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Well, shure, find the missing init.
It's not so easy to do, because here we're with try and error. Rockbox I
could debug with gdb, but for Archos we obviously don't have the sources. One
brute force idea is to read the whole I/O space of the CPU first thing when
Rockbox is loaded in the old fashion (stock flash and .ajz), dumping that to a
file later or so. We can then compare that to the I/O config before jumping
into the ROLOed code. If we bring everything to the same state, it just has to
work.

Jörg