Subject: Re: plugins accessable from menu
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2003-07-24

Brian King wrote:
> I just updated the .rockbox browsing patch to remove the playlist
> browsing function and updated the patch tracker.

Excellent. Thanks!

> Is this a function you don't want in rockbox, Bjorn, or should I submit it
> as another patch sometime in the future?

I think browsing playlists in the menu should not be mixed with browsing the other file types, since playing them has a very different effect.

Probably, playlist browsing should be part of a bigger overall concept including id3 tag browsing, which results in a music browser more in the style of Ipod and other tag-centric players.